This powerful excerpt comes from St. Faustina Kowalska's diary, "Divine Mercy in My Soul" p.523.

Conversation of the Merciful God with a sinful soul
Jesus: Be not afraid of your savior, O sinful soul. I make the first move to come to you, for I know that by yourself you are unable to lift yourself to me.Child, do not run away from your Father; be willing to talk openly with your God of mercy who wants to speak words of pardon…I have inscribed your name upon my hand; you are engraved as a deep wound in my heart.

Soul: Lord, I hear your voice calling me to turn back from the path of sin, but I have neither the strength nor the courage to do so.

Jesus: I am your strength, I will help you in the struggle.

Soul: Lord, I recognize your holiness, and I fear you.

Jesus: My child, do you fear the God of mercy? My holiness does not prevent me from being merciful. Behold, for you I have established a throne of mercy on earth—the tabernacle—and from this throne I desire to enter into your heart. I am not surrounded by a retinue of guards. You can come to me at any moment, at any time; I want to speak to you and desire to grant you grace.

Soul: Lord, I doubt that you will pardon my numerous sins: my misery fills me with fright.

Jesus: My mercy is greater than your sins and those of the entire world. Who can measure the extent of my goodness? For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart. Your misery has disappeared in the depths of my mercy…I shall heap upon you the treasures of my grace.

Soul: You have conquered, O Lord, my stony heart with your goodness…Your goodness surpasses all my desires. And now, filled with gratitude for so many graces, I invite you into my heart…

Jesus: Child, speak no more of your misery; it is already forgotten…Come close to my wouinds and draw from the Fountain of Life whatever your heart desires…Look at the splendors of my mercy and do not fear the enemies of your salvation…

Categories:

Leave a Reply