Sometimes it’s hard to see through the short distance between the body and the soul. We populate our visions of heaven with narrow notions of happiness and pleasure. We conjure images of cherubs and harps, bowls of overflowing fruit and roads of gold. And, of course, who (or should I say, what man) hasn’t wondered about heavenly sex?

Here is what God has to say about the issue: “But, as it is written, "What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him," (1Cor.2:9). Just for emphasis, let me highlight the words “…nor the heart of man conceived.”

I’m sorry guys (and gals) but many a puny mind has already conceived of sex. Therefore, 1 Cor. suggests that sex doesn’t even register on the radar of heaven’s joys. Don't take me for a Manichean though (nor a Hedonist for that matter). I'm not saying that sex or Rocky Road, filet mignon, Lamborghinis and Gucci purses can't be good things. It's just that heaven is a little higher than our minds can think. And believe me, that’s a good thing.

Categories:

Leave a Reply